The goal of any Canadian law firm is to attract new clients and keep your existing ones happy. Attracting new clients while keeping your current happy ones is essential to making money as a Canadian immigration lawyer, but there are many different strategies to consider when trying to grow your business. In this article, we will focus on proven client acquisition strategies for Canadian immigration law firms that have been shown to work over time.
Proven client acquisition strategies for Canadian immigration law firms
The first step to attracting new clients is knowing who you want to attract.
In practice, this means you will have two types of clients:
- The niche client – someone who is looking for the specific services that your firm offers. For example, if you specialize in work permits and visas, your niche will be people looking for those services. This can include law firms as well as individual legal consumers (a business owner who needs help with an employment issue). If a client is searching online for “immigration lawyer” or “work permit” (or any other phrase), they are likely seeking out a specialized service and should be considered a niche client.
- The generalist customer – someone who has immigration issues but isn’t necessarily looking for a particular type of legal help or service at the time they come into contact with your firm or website. For instance, if they need advice on whether they should file an application under one immigration category over another, they may seek out information from various sources before deciding which path suits them best—and this could include contacting an immigration lawyer’s office directly!
Knowing WHO you want to attract to your firm is the first step to attracting them
If you want to attract more clients, it’s important to know WHY they are coming to your firm.
- Who is your target client? What do they need most? What do they want from a lawyer?
- How can you reach them in a way that resonates with their needs and wants – both emotionally and logically?
- How can we convert this potential client into an actual paying customer so that the relationship lasts for years or even decades?
The two types of clients you want to be attracting
You want to attract clients who are ready to hire you. This means that they’ve already done their research and know what legal services they require, and that there’s a need for this kind of work in your area. They’re also likely to be ready for a consultation or even an interview with one of your team members.
Attracting the wrong clients isn’t always a negative thing; sometimes it leads you to discovering new industries or markets where you can provide valuable services. However, this shouldn’t be your main objective when marketing yourself as immigration lawyers Toronto residents can trust!
In order to attract both types of clients, you must focus on building relationships with people who need legal help in the areas where your firm specializes—whether it be family law matters or immigration issues—and connecting those people with the right talent at your firm.
The top 3 ways to increase conversions from your website
- Landing pages
- Sales funnel
- Lead magnets
Attracting new clients while keeping your current happy ones
Once you have established your client base and are retaining your clients, focus on attracting new ones. You should already have an existing following on social media, which is a great way to build up a strong presence on the internet. From there, you can use online advertising to bring in clients from around the world who are looking for an immigration lawyer in Toronto.
With this strategy in mind, we recommend that you make sure all of your current clients are happy with their experience working with you before moving forward into these other marketing methods. This will ensure that any future customers see how much value they’ll get out of working with you as well!
More clients means more money.
The more clients you have, the more money you will make.
It’s simple math: The more clients you have, the more business you do. The greater your volume of business, the higher your hourly rate and/or annual billable hours. As well, having a large client base means there is less competition for each client (i.e., if one person wants to hire a lawyer for his or her case then that lawyer will get first dibs). This means that by having many clients in Toronto immigration lawyer marketing, there is less chance that another Toronto immigration lawyer could take away from them – resulting in higher profitability for everyone involved!
The better service provided by someone else can also mean that other people are willing to refer their friends and family members who need legal services in Toronto immigration lawyers market